The Swissbell foundry and environment protection
Some facts about environment protection at the Berger Swissbell foundry:
- Since 1992 we use electric and gas power for melting the bronze
- We always calculate the needed bronce. So there is no waste of energy during the melting process
- All turning and downsprues will remeltet to 100%
- The used sand will be recycled and reused all the time. The sand will not be thrown away
- The leather is tanned with herbal tanning agents
- And even the packing material is made of Recycling paper and boxes or wooden wool
- Shipping is climate neutral
Beginning with the material across the full production line and finally delivered to your doorstep we use as much as possible environmentally compatible goods and production techniques.
As the foundry masters can not prove whether the quality of the scrap metal is perfect, it is never used for the alloying of cowbells made by Berger. Second-rate metal can lead to discordant bells or loss of sound. Even worse: Under certain circumstances, even highly toxic substances may be contained in the metal.